Podcast Description: Zane's Bio: A 16-year veteran police officer and former professional rugby player/coach Collapsed due to burnout last year Founded "The Assured Man" to help men shift from surviving to thriving Offers 12-week one-on-one coaching...
- A 16-year veteran police officer and former professional rugby player/coach
- Collapsed due to burnout last year
- Founded "The Assured Man" to help men shift from surviving to thriving
- Offers 12-week one-on-one coaching program
Zane's Experience with Burnout:
- Separation from wife and struggles with responsibilities as a police officer and father
- He realized burnout after three years of struggling and a chance conversation with a friend
- Experienced symptoms such as slowing down, difficulty concentrating, irritability, physical issues, triggers, and an impending sense of doom
- The lowest point was realizing nobody was coming to save him
- Took control of the situation to start recovery
Advice for Men:
- Reconnect with your inner strength and take control of the situation
- Embrace your feelings, be resilient, and roll with punches
- Being an "assured man" means being calm, confident, and having inner peace after self-reflection and growth
- The journey to self-confidence is about learning and growing, not achieving perfection
- Being a man means being true to oneself, owning one's strength, and being a good father/partner
- The journey of self-discovery involves being comfortable with who you are and finding your tribe
- Post-traumatic growth is about stopping putting up with bullshit and understanding what works for you.
- Do a thought audit every day for the next 7 days
Ed Mylet Podcast Episode - Suicide Prevention w/ Kevin Hines
We are on a mission to cut male suicide in half by 2032! Subscribe to the ResistingBeta podcast to follow our journey and learn from the top mental, spiritual, and physical health experts.
@ResistingBeta on Tiktok and Instagram